Friday, September 7, 2007

The Real "Silver Bullet" - 2007 Woodward Dream Cruise

As I was walking down Woodward Ave it was impossible to miss the Chrysler show at 13 mile. Chrysler hand picked the cars to help show off the new Challenger. Hemi fans were in HEAVEN, but there was one car that caught my eye. Here's the banner that stood overhead:

Silver Bullet Banner

Looks interesting, so I talked to Harold Sullivan, the owner. He told me the car's history. Way back when, this 1968 Plymouth Belvedere GTX was a 440 car doing R&D duty for Chrysler. Not leaving well enough alone, the car was fitted with a 487 ci Hemi with extremely rare A-990 aluminum heads by the infamous Jimmy Addison. Jimmy was known to be a good driver and a street racer, but most importantly, an innovator. He drove this legitimate 10 second beast on the street using tricks like four Cadillac mufflers to keep things quiet. As the "King" of Woodward Ave. Harold claims the car was never beaten. Here's the car at the Chrysler display:The Silver Bullet1

So I continued my walk down Woodward where I found, "The Original Bullet" 1967 Plymouth Belvedere GTX. Here's what I saw:Original Bullet

Please click here to see the rest of the story...

No comments: